Exploration, Excitement, Experiences.
They’re what the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course is all about. And no, you don’t have to be “advanced” to take it – it’s designed so you can go straight into it after the PADI Open Water Diver course. The Advanced Open Water Diver course helps you increase your confidence and build your scuba skills so you can become more comfortable in the water. This is a great way to get more dives under your belt while continuing to learn under the supervision of your PADI instructor. This course builds on what you’ve learned and develops new capabilities by introducing you to new activities and new ways to have fun scuba diving .
You’ll hone your skills by completing five adventure dives that introduce you to:
- Underwater navigation
- Deeper water diving (typically 80-100 feet)
- A sampler of three or four more Adventure Dives (See Below)
The Fun Part: Your Choice
One reason you’ll love the Advanced Open Water Diver course is that you and your instructor choose from 15 types of Adventure Dives to complete your course. You can try your hand at:
- Digital Underwater Photography
- Search and recovery
- Boat diving
- Night diving
- Diving with underwater scooters
- Peak Performance Bouyancy
- Light salvage
- Hunting and collecting
- Exploration and underwater mapping
- Wreck diving (non-penetration)
- Observation and data collection
- Diving in surf or currents
- Altitude diving
- River diving
- Shore diving
- Using dive computers
Each Adventure Dive in the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course may credit toward the first dive of the corresponding PADI Specialty Diver course.
To take this course, you must be:
- A PADI Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another training organization)
- 15 years old (12 for Junior Advanced Open Water Diver)
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use all the basic scuba gear including your underwater compass. A dive knife, light, and slate are required equipment. You may also try out underwater photography equipment , DPVs (underwater scooters), a dry suit, lift bags, a dive flag/float or other specialty gear.
Check with UnderSea Adventures about gear rentals and packages offered with this course. You can find most everything at the dive shop.